8 Days/7 Nights - Ireland Northern Route Sample Itinerary
- Limerick – Cliffs of Moher – Galway .
Depart Limerick/Shannon and travel north to the majestic Cliffs of Moher, rising 700 feet and reaching out for five miles along the coast. Continue on to Galway City for sightseeing. Overnight in Galway.
- Connemara Excursion. This morning journey through the wild and rugged land of rocky mountains, sparkling brooks and rivers. Visit Kylemore Abbey, monastic home of the Benedictine Nuns before returning to Galway for overnight.
- Galway – Knock – Sligo – Donegal. This morning travel north to Knock Shrine, Ireland’s place of pilgrimage. Pause to visit the apparition shrine. Continue north via Sligo, birthplace of poet and writer W.B. Yeats to Donegal for overnight.
- Donegal Excursion: Your journey today shows you some of the most scenic areas of Ireland – long beautiful coastlines can be seen as you travel up on majestic mountains overlooking deep glens. Travel through the picturesque town of Glenties by Glenveagh Castle and National Park. Return to Donegal for overnight.
- Donegal – Armagh – Dublin. Today travel to the ecclesiastical capital of Ireland, Armagh for local sightseeing. Visit nearby Navan Fort. Continue travelling south via County Cavan to Dublin for overnight.
- Dublin. This morning enjoy local sightseeing in the Irish capital shows you statue filled O’Connell Street-the Post Office, scene of the Easter Rising of 1916, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Trinity College, home of the world famous Book of Kells, dating back to the 8th century. Overnight in Dublin.
- Dublin – Wicklow – Dublin. Today tour Wicklow, visit Glendalough, a 6th century monastic settlement founded by St. Kevin. Local sightseeing in the Wicklow area including Powerscourt, Avondale and Avoca. Return to Dublin for overnight.
- Dublin Airport. Today travel to Dublin Airport for your return flight home. Ample time allowed for duty-free shopping before boarding your flight home.
Overnights for this tour:
- Galway (2 nights)
- Donegal (2 nights)
- Cavan (1 night)
- Dublin (2 nights)
- Manual or Automatic Car Rental w/Unlimited Miles and Basic CDW Insurance
- 7-nights accommodations (choose from B&B, Hotels, Manor Homes and/or Castles)
Combine this tour with our 7-Day Ireland Southern Route Itinerary for two weeks or more to cover the entire coast of Ireland.