Irish Pub Tour Itinerary A 7-night self-drive tour to visit the best pubs in Ireland
While every tour in Ireland turns into a pub tour, our Self Drive Irish Pub Tour focuses on 4 great towns for experiencing not only the pubs of Ireland but the Traditional Irish Music as well.
Start in Dublin where you can explore the Temple Bar area where you can do your own pub crawl, popping into each pub for a pint and chat with the locals but be careful - you'll find yourself getting caught up in conversation and forgetting the 'crawl'. Head to Kilkenny for a night in this booming city, visiting Powerscourt and Glendalough along the way -- you might as well take in some historical sites too! Killarney will not disappoint with everything from local pubs to dance clubs -- you'll find it all in Killarney along with great day trips to Beara, Ring of Kerry, Skellig Michael, Gap of Dunloe or Dingle. Head to Doolin, Traditional Music Capital of Ireland, where you can take in the craic in McDermott's, McGann's and O'Connor's Pubs before heading back to Dublin.
We designed this tour to accommodate travelers who have booked their airfare using either of Ireland's airports, Shannon or Dublin. We'll simply move things around to accommodate your flights.
- Doolin (2 night)
- Killarney (2 nights)
- Kilkenny (1 nights)
- Dublin (2 nights)
- Manual or Automatic Car Rental w/Unlimited Miles and Basic CDW Insurance
- 5-nights accommodations (choose from B&B, Hotels, Manor Homes and/or Castles)
- 2-nights Dublin hotel
- Shannon - Cliffs of Moher - Doolin. While Doolin is only 45 minutes from Shannon, you still need to occupy your time since flights arrive early and you can't check-in until later in the day... so visit Lahinch and Liscannor along the way. You'll be able to visit the Cliffs of Moher before descending into Doolin. Amazing pubs offer traditional Irish music every night and great restaurants abound. Overnight Doolin.
- Doolin - Ballyvaughan - Aran Islands - Burren - Doolin. You have the full day to explore surrounding towns and villages and the moonscape-like landscape of the Burren. Visit Ailwee Cave, Burren Perfumery and Poulnabrone Dolmen or take a day trip from Doolin to the Aran Islands. Overnight Doolin.
- Doolin - Killarney. Depart Doolin and head down the coast toward Killimer to take the ferry to Tarbert; follow to Tralee ... you can head down to Dingle for the day or save it for tomorrow. Killarney is full of pubs and clubs to keep you going until the wee hours. Overnight Killarney.
- Killarney - Dingle - Ring of Kerry - Beara Peninsula - Skellig Michael - Killarney. So many choices including Beara Peninsula which is less-traveled and more pristine, we believe, than the Ring of Kerry. Of course the Ring of Kerry is an option and if you want, you can pick up a boat from Portmagee and do an optional trip to Skellig Michael. Overnight Killarney.
- Killarney - Cork - Kilkenny. When you leave Killarney, you can head toward Cork and the southern route or you can cut-across the country and visit Cashel on your way to Kilkenny. Kilkenny offers some great pubs and restaurants. Overnight Kilkenny.
- Kilkenny - Dublin. Kilenny isn't too far from Dublin so you have quite a bit of time to drive through, and explore, Wicklow National Park as you approach Dublin. Take in Glendalogh, Avoca and Powerscourt before returning your car and taking on Dublin by foot. Overnight Dublin.
- Dublin. You have the whole day to use the hop-on/hop-off bus tour and get an overview of Dublin, stopping at sites along the way for a more indepth tour. Overnight Dublin.
- Dublin Airport - Home. Today travel to Dublin Airport for your return flight home. Always arrive 3-hours early for International flights, US Customs Preclearance is done here and lots of shopping for last-minute, duty-free souvenirs.