Braveheart Filming locations in Wicklow, Kildare and Meath
This isn't my type of film and I probably wouldn't have gone to the theater to see it except I was in Los Angeles just prior to the film coming out and we were on the lot of Paramount doing the usual tour. My friend answered a question correctly and we were given complimentary passes to a private screening of the film -- and so we became fans.
While the film is about Scotland and William Wallace, a commoner, fighting to overthrow the English, much of the film was shot in Ireland. You'll see everything from Dunsany Castle in County Meath or Sally's Gap in County Wicklow so for those looking for magestic scenery, this film will give you some fantastic view of Ireland, doubling as Scotland.
Braveheart Filming Locations:
- Bray, County Wicklow
- Ballymore Eustace, County Kildare
- Bective Abbey, County Meath
- Curragh Plains, County Kildare
- Dunsany Castle, County Meath
- Dunsoghly Castle, County Dublin
- King John's Castle, County Meath
- Luggala Estate, County Wicklow
- Sally's Gap, County Wicklow
- Trim Castle, County Meath
- The Curragh, County Kildare